And I’m not talking about any plain old ordinary cotton pillowcase either.
I’m talking about a 100% pure mulberry silk, 25 momme, highest grade 6A long strand, hypoallergenic, antibacterial pillowcase that protects your skin and hair while you sleep.
And where can you find such a thing you might ask? We Are Cultured (WAC) has launched its first ever beauty sleep pillowcase – aptly named Head In The Clouds. It comes in a luxurious dusty copper pink shade (made out of toxic-free dye), complete with an embroidered “HELLO BEAUTIFUL” greeting – as if to welcome you to a blissful slumber.
How Does It Protect Your Hair?
Silk fibres are closely similar to human hair, with 97% consisting of amino acids and the remaining 3% of wax and fat fibres. The coarse texture of a typical cotton pillowcase will rub against the shafts of your hair, causing friction and ultimately leading to hair damage, split ends, knots and tangles. Silk on the other hand allows your hair to glide across the pillow, preventing it from catching against the fabric. As silk doesn’t absorb any oils in your hair, it helps your hair retain its natural moisture, and also regulates your scalp’s sebum production.
How Does It Keep Acne At Bay?
Being of a lightweight and breathable material, silk doesn’t pick up pore-clogging bacteria like cotton does. It contains natural antibacterial and hypoallergenic properties, and is resistant to dust mites, mould, fungus, and a variety of allergens. It’s a great option for those dealing with chronic sinusitis, asthma, and even the common cold.
How Does It Prevent Signs Of Premature Aging?
If you tend to sleep on your side like I do, you may notice annoying little dents and lines on random parts of your face when you wake up. These “creases” cause damage to your skin at night, and they will eventually deepen over time, and lead to *gasp* permanent wrinkles. Cotton creates friction and tugs at our skin when we move around in our sleep. On the other hand, silk’s protein fibres are gentle on the skin. They prevent overnight wrinkles and also helps our skin to retain its natural moisture. Additionally, silk contains cellular albumen, which helps to speed up our skin cells’ metabolism, thus increasing cell regeneration and reducing the appearance of premature wrinkles.
Beauty Sleep For A Good Cause
You can sleep easy knowing that this pillow has been made for a good cause. 10% of all proceeds from all WAC items are channeled into WAC’s Dream Again campaign to support women’s rights and anti-trafficking initiatives for women in impoverished states.
Head In The Clouds silk pillowcase is available for purchase at wearecultured.com.