It’s fascinating to discover the different beauty remedies adopted by different women all over the globe. Let’s learn some of their secrets:
- BRAZIL: Oats are used to relieve the stinging pain of sunburns and to speed up the skin’s healing process.
- THE PHILIPPINES: Aloe Vera is massaged onto the scalp and the ends of the hair to prevent split ends and stimulate health hair growth. It is also applied to the skin to soothe sunburns.
- JAPAN: Kojic acid in rice wine helps to exfoliate and lighten hyper-pigmentation.
- AUSTRALIA: A few drops of tea tree oil is added to shampoo to eliminate dandruff and soothe a dry itchy scalp.
- CHINA: Pearl powder is formed into a paste to be used as a mask while rice water is applied as a toner for soft and supple skin.
- EGYPT: Milk and honey baths have been around since Cleopatra’s time. The lactic acid in milk acts as a natural exfoliant while honey contains natural healing and anti-inflammatory properties.
- INDIA: Coconut oil is used as a leave-in hair treatment while turmeric is mixed with honey and yogurt to form a face mask that helps to reduce the appearance of acne scars.
All these remedies have been passed down from generation to generation and have been proven to be effective in healing wounds, achieving radiant glowing skin and luscious healthy hair. Give them a try!
P.S.: For more product recommendations and application tips, check out our May 2016 issue!