Say hello to The Body Shop’s two new products from their Drops of Youth range. What to expect? The new range comprises of Drops of Youth Bouncy Eye Mask and a Youth Gentle Foaming Wash. The Drops of Youth are a crowd pleaser with its power packed ingredients. Three plant stem cells hailing from the Italian Alps and Brittany Coast. Edelweiss being from the former and criste marine and sea holly from the latter. These ingredients are proven to be protective with youth enhancing properties.
The texture is indeed bouncy hence the name with memory shape texture blends that can be easily applied and doesn’t have that sticky effect after but a soft finish instead. With its calming cucumber extract, lay back and generously apply this mask on and have that much needed power nap.
Unsure what to do or how to massage this tub of goodness on your eyes? The Body Shop has teamed up with dermatologist Dr. Christine Choi Kim, and has develop an easy peasy facial massage technique dubbed the “Bouncy Butterfly”
The five steps is as follows –
- Flutter – Start off by applying a little of the Youth Bouncy Eye Mask with your fingertips around your lower eyelids and temples. “Fluttering” movements if possible, delight in the cooling effect upon application.
- Bounce – Next use your fourth fingers to gently “bounce” aka tap around eyes, tracing two circles around the eye area.
- Land – Followed by light traces with the same fourth finger from the inner to the outer corner of the eyes and along the lower eye area and time to “land” on your temples.
- Get ready to take off with Youth Bouncy Sleeping Mask. Using your fingertips “fly” your butterfly wing all over whole face while avoiding the delicate eye area. Begin from forehead to down the cheeks and across chin and neck repeatedly.
- Glide – End by gentle”glides” with palms . Massage strokes along your foreheads, cheeks, chin and neck.
Easy peasy indeed.
But before having the mask on, we reckon giving your face a much needed cleanse with the Youth Gentle Foaming Wash.
A refreshing face foam! Need we say more? It’s not only gentle but filled with the same key ingredients.
Now moving on from Drops of Youth to Roots of Strength. It keeps getting better. Now you can shape and firm up too with this range.
So what is this miracle ingredient that goes into this range? Its roots, yes roots the very same kind that is used in ancient traditional chinese medicine. Three powerful plant roots specifically ginger, ginseng and ruscus root that will restore skin’s strength and shape.
Own the complete firming and shaping routine range.
The Firming Shaping Essence Lotion.
Daily application of the Firming Shaping Essence Lotion will help in activating and preparing skin for the benefits of the routine. A perfect combination of lightweight freshness of water with moisturising gel.
Firming Shaping Serum
Effortlessly glide the serum onto skin, starting from your jawline to every contour. Say hello to moisturised skin that is smoother, plumper and firmer.
Firming Shaping Cream
If your a fan of spices then you’ll probably enjoy the spicy scent of this cream. A silky cream texture that isn’t greasy and leaves skin refreshed and firmer and plumper off course.
For those curious about the types of roots and where they come from. Here’s the inside scoop.
The ginger root extract hails from the plains of Madagascar. It is believe they posses re-plumping properties. The Body Shop sustainably sources their ginger root extract from a community of farmers that have been passing down their traditional farming secrets for generations.
As for the ginseng extract it comes from the Jilin province of North East China. Ginseng is known as the firming ingredient. In China, ginseng is one of the most treasured herbal ingredient that local farmers and farming cooperatives grow and hand-harvest The Body Shop’s ginseng root in the lowland mountains.
Ruscus root extract are from the wild oak forests of Europe and posses stimulating properties. They flourish in the Quercus forests of France, Turkey, Albania and Bulgaria. The local farmers there hand harvest The Body Shop’s ruscut root.
Now here’s another massage you can try by The Body Shop and dermatologist Dr. Christine Choi Kim. The strengthening and defining tree massage.
In other words – draw strength from nature in 5 simple steps.
- Target- Start off with 3-4 drops of the silky Roots of Strength Serum onto face and neck. using your first and second fingers, apply firm pressure to three acupuncture points. Begin along the inner brows, temples and then on the sides of your nostrils. Hold each of those points for one deep breath, in and out.
- Warm Up – Now work Roots of Strength Cream into palms and rub palms together vigorously, the warm increases penetration of the cream into skin. Time for long smooth massage strokes from your decolletage up to your neck. Think of how a tree draws nutrition from the roots to the trunk.
- Define – Next use fingertips and open palms starting from the center of the chin repeat firmly but brisk upward and outwork strokes to help define your jawline. Picture yourself tracing the branches of a tree. Head up to your cheeks and continue massaging.
- Circulate – With your fingertips apply a thin layer of the cream to your forehead and temples. Trace small circular shapes to represent tree leaves.
- Cool Down – Complete by applying pressure onto two points -the “Third Eye” point between your eyebrows and the “Heavenly Appearance” point that is couple of inches below the earlobes and the edge of the jawbone. Hold each point for one deep breath.