The original Kate Spade New York Sam handbag was introduced in 1993. This year, in celebration of its 25th anniversary, the original Sam handbag is reintroduced with modern twists.
Here are some facts you’ll need to know about Kate Spade New York‘s Iconic Sam handbag:
- The first handbag debuted when Kate Spade New York launched in 1993.
- It was designed for practicality; a no-nonsense bag that was both utilitarian and timeless.
- Sam was simple, boxy and black.
- The handbag was made from waterproof nylon material.
- The design team added one iconic touch – unstitching the fabric label from the inside and reattaching it to the outside of the bag.
After 25 years, the Sam bag returns with a variety of updated designs to choose from. The handbag is available in leather, wicker, denim, quilted leather and printed canvas. The bag also comes in a range of new size options and a cross-body sling.
Follow Kate Spade New York Twitter & Instagram: @katespadeny