Fendi presents The Ring of The Future. Here’s a video of what does this latest launch revolves around.
So what is this special project by Fendi? It’s basically Fendi’s digital platform that is dubbed F is For…The platform sees content curated by millennials for millennials. Think all things cool and relevant from the likes of artist, athletes and free runners that feature various places around the world as a guide.
The Ring of The Future is a celebration of universal creativity and boundary-blind art. F is For had included six young street artist from all over the globe who had written future in their own language. The Ring of The Future is now one of the biggest Calligraffiti in Italy on the Palazzo Della Civiltà Italiana rooftop.
We think this work of art is pure brilliance. Kudos to visionary artist Pokras Lampas idea for the visual embrace of Future in the artist own language inside the yellow circle!
Here’s a little background of Gary (UK), Cave (Iran), Hillel Smith (USA), Roes (Hong Kong), Casper (Japan) and Jodae (South Korea).
GARY STRANGER – English
This British contemporary street artist is known for his edged and precise free-hand artwork. With his work of bold colours and sharp edges on walls and gallery space has catapulted him as one of the most exciting graffiti artist worldwide.
Follow him on Instagram – @gary_stranger
Casper is no stranger when it comes to graffiti with experience since 1996. He had participated in one of Japan’s first graffiti exhibition X-Color held at Mito Art Museum in 2005. With plentiful experience he’s one to look out for. Casper’s work ranges from painting the exterior of stores to producing stage costumes and designing logos.
Follow him on Instagram – @cmkgallery
フェンディ（FENDI）から生まれたミレニアル世代による新しいムーブメントを育てるコミュニケーションプロジェクト「F IS FOR…」。このデジタルプラットフォームは、既存のものには飽き足りない若者たちのストーリー、イメージ、サウンド、ファッションが新たに出会う場。 今回、”The Ring of the Future”という芸術作品を制作する6人のストリートアーティストが世界各国から集結し、フェンディが拠点を置くイタリア文明宮の屋上でライブパフォーマンスやインタビューを収録。日本からはCASPER（キャスパー）が参加。 エクストリームなクリエイターとフェンディの世界観が融合された作品は、アート、文化、音楽、さらにその先へと出会う場所となることを目指す。 @fendi @fisforfendi #fendi #art #graffiti #fashion #luxury #fisforfendi #theringofthefuture #cmkgallery @killingtimer2021
HILLEL SMITH – Hebrew
Hillel is a Jewish/American street artist and graphic designer that supports contemporary Jewish art by reimagining tradition using contemporary media. From revitalization of ancient rituals with online projects and workshops on Jewish art. Think artistic empowerment.
Follow him on Instagram – @thehillelsmith
CAVE – Arabic
Hailing from Tehran this Iranian graffiti artist now resides in London. He confesses his obsession with the shapes of the Arabic alphabet which he studies and uses that creates new harmonic forms.
Follow him on Instagram – @cave_cave
TIMYAN aka ROES – Chinese Mandarin
Mr Roes is a chinese artist born in Hong Kong and had begun graffiti painting on the streets of Hong Kong in 2004. He pursued his love for art with by further studying graphic design and illustration in 2006 and is currently one of the founding members of the Smile Maker HK collective. https://www.facebook.com/smilemaker.hk
His work is inspired from what goes on in his daily life.
Follow him on Instagram – @smilemaker.hk
JODAE – Korean
Jodae lives and works in Seoul and had started exhibiting his work in 2008. He is known for creating and defining his own styleby incorporating Korean elements in the street art he produces. Jodae is particularly interested in Shamanism and other various cultural beliefs thus allows him to bring diverse cultural elements into his own symbolism.
Follow him on Instagram – @jodae
Moving forward, here’s the categories under the F is for …
- FREAKS – Explanation of the concept behind F is for..Users can easily access the F is for vision and read their manifestos that are authentic.
- FULGORE – This is based on fashion editorials, an exploration of new vision of contemporary fashion. Upon paying closer attention, you’ll notice that all the editorials are linked to Rome to reinforce Fendi’s legitimacy to the city. The models are millenials and the looks being donned are mixed and matched between the newest Fendi collection along with several vintage pieces. The shots were captured with an Iphone 7.
- FACES – Think interviews. It’s people centered, F is for community. Be inspired by what these people have to say.
- FREEDOM – It’s all about places and where’s the best to go in the world.The likes of clubs, bars, restaurants and even those that goes unnoticed… unconventional.
- FEARLESS – Now this one is all about curators, users can access music, art and culture contents, whereas renowned artists can access Palazzo della Civiltà Italiana, FENDI HQ, to live-perform on its rooftop. The brain behind this is Cristiana Monfardini , VP of Communications at Fendi. F is For goal is to create and share experiences both online and offline with upcoming and renowned artists from all around the world.
The following images are images of what went on behind the scenes.
F is For T shirts
It’s now slightly over a year since Fendi launched its first genderless item inspired by the Ring of the Future artwork.