This October 16th marks World Food Day and in association with the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), Michael Kors will be initiating a global campaign called Watch Hunger Stop by creating a network of global support to raise awareness of World Food Day and support the fight against hunger.
A $5 (RM15) donation feeds a child for a month, and this support will be showcased in Times Square on billboards throughout the day and on Michael Kors social and digital platforms of over 10 million fans. To date, Michael Kors has helped deliver over 1 Million meals to hungry children.
So what can you do?
• Get involved; go to a participating store (list below) or visit watchhungerstop.com and text to donate.
• Join the campaign by participating in store on World Food Day and live tweet/Instagram using #WatchHungerStop
• Post the attached picture on your Instagram and Facebook with #WatchHungerStop on October 16th or request a photo, copy or additional image(s) from Michael Kors to share on social or .com networks.
Michael Kors Street Teams will give away “Watch Hunger Stop” T-shirts (shrink-wrapped) directly outside 6 of our retail store locations in 5 major cities around the world.
1. New York, Rockefeller Center: 610 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY, United States 10020
2. New York, Soho: 101 Prince St., New York, NY, United States, 10012
3. Berlin: Rosenthaller Strasse 37, Berlin, Germany, 10178
4. Tokyo, Omotesando: 4-11-6 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 1500001
5. Hong Kong (Sogo): 555 Hennessy Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
6. Rio de Janeiro, Shopping Village Mall: Avenida das Americas, 3900 – Piso Terreo, Carra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, 22631-003, Brazil
World Food Day was founded by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations and is observed every year in more than 150 countries to help raise awareness of the issues behind poverty and hunger.