If you’re one to indulge in the French culture, then you don’t want to miss out on these five weeks of all things French. We’re talking about events that comprise of film screenings, musical concerts, theatre and live shows and not to forget foodie meetups.
Le French Festival is an annual event that is organized by the Alliance Francaise (AF) and the Embassy of France in Malaysia which is presented by famed French cognac house Martell.
For those interested, here’s what you need to know about the lineup. It commences from the 12th of April to the 20th of May.
- Up to 16 recent movies releases for the French Film Festival (with subtitles in English)
- An array of musical artists from France featuring award-winning bands.
- Live theatre and photography exhibition.
- Couple of Art de Vivre events featuring crowd favourites- drink and food tastings with Martell and cooking classes.
Upon narrowing it down, here’s what you can look out for :
- Amok – A French theatre adaptation of Stefan Zweig’s novel ( set in Malaysia, during the early 20th century)
- Lysistrata – An award winning Alternative Indie band (known to be a hit at at most of French big festivals)
- Duo Jatekok- Uber talented classical and Jazz pianist Adélaïde Panaget and Naïri Badal will be playing from their latest album released March this year dubbed Les Boys
- Bagad de Lann Bihoué – Think bagpipes and drums, the bagad of the French Navy and the only remaining French and professional military band comprising of 30 musicians.
Of course there are plenty more to look out for during the next five weeks. Guess what, there’s even a day solely dedicated for the children. Perfect for those wanting to take their little ones out on a treat. With the goal to push forward for cultural exchanges, we say take this time out and indulge in all things French.
For those wanting more information can head onto the official website http://www.lefrenchfestival.com.my or check out their Facebook page http://facebook.com/lefrenchfestivalmy .If you are attending any of the events throughout the festival, don’t forget to support and use the following hashtag #lefrenchfestivalmy on your social media sites.