The much loved music and art festival Coachella 2018 had us eyeing various looks donned by celebrities and party goers. We’re not only talking about the clothes of course, there were some pretty cool hairdos too.
Here are some ghd x Festival Hair Trends that guest hairstylist Patrick Wilson created for Rochelle Humes and Jade Thirlwall.
- Jade Thirlwall – Waves and Hidden Charms
In order to achieve the Waves and Hidden Charms do, there are 6 steps to follow.
- Start off by prepping hair with ghd heat protect spray with UV-protection.
- Then create loose waves with ghd pure gold styler, rotate the styler 360 degrees and glide through the ends of the hair.
- Continue by repeating the second step but this time alternate the directions of the styler. By doing so, a beachiever wave can be created. Alternation direction of curls on the side and the back of the head for that extra volume and texture.
- Once that’s done, allow curls to set. It’s best to use a wide tooth comb to gently break through the hair.
- Generously spritz ghd final fix hairspray to hold the look.
- Finish off by scattering silver Kela Beads throughout the hair for that festival vibe.
Rochelle Humes – Playful Updo
Playful indeed, here are the five simple steps for this look.
- Start off by prepping hair with ghd heat protect spray with UV protection and ghd curl hold spray to keep hair lasting and in place.
- Here comes the diffusing hair part. The ghd saharan gold hair dryer with the diffuser is used to create that natural texture.
- To achieve those tight and spiral curls, the tip of the ghd curve creative curl wand was used.
- Use your fingers and tie hair up in a high ponytail and secure it with an elastic, leave some curls loose.
- To secure the curls, finish off with some fine pins and a spritz of the ghd final fix hairspray.
Rochelle Humes – Power Pony
We’re definitely feeling the power with this look.
- Spritz hair with water, 100% wet and then divide hair with a centre parting.
- In order to keep hair on its best behavior, apply ghd smooth and finish serum for frizz control.
- Pull back hair in a low ponytail with ghd oval dressing brush and secure the ponytail with a hat elastic.
- Opt for extension for a fuller ponytail.
- Prep ponytail with ghd curl hold spray.
- For tight curls use the ghd classic curl tong and wrap small sections of hair around it.
- Finish off by backcombing for extra volume and texture, spray with ghd final fix spray and you’re good to go.