So we’ve asked some of our Marie Claire beauty editors in Asia about their beauty favourites, routines and secrets and here’s what they have shared:
HAN EUN KYUNG, Marie Claire KOREA
“I’m a beauty minimalist. I prefer just using one good cream that I know works best for me.”
Makeup Must-Haves: Chanel les Beiges All-in-One Healthy Glow Fluid and the YSL Touche Eclat range
- Cleanser: Sisley Eau Efficace
- Exfoliator: AmorePacific Treatment Enzyme Peel
- Toner: Avene Lotion Douceur
- Eye Cream: Melvita Nectar Supreme Eye & Lip Contour Cream
- Skin Emergencies: Avene Cicalfate Repair Cream
- Moisturizer: Dior Prestige La Creme
- Sunscreen: Sisley SUNLEYA Age Minimizing Global Sun Care SPF30
- Masks: Aromatica (Korean brand)
Favourite Fragrance: Annick Goutal Petite Cherie EDT
Beauty Secret: I prefer just using one good cream that I know works best for me. And eye care is so important. I’ve used eye cream since I was 20 years old (I’m 36 now), so I have no wrinkles around my eyes.
GANDA SAITUM, Marie Claire THAILAND
“I love to practice yoga twice a week (at least).”
Makeup Must-Haves: Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Foundation and NARS Dual-Intensity Blush
- Cleanser: Burt’s Bees Intense Hydration Nourishing Facial Water
- Exfoliator: Estee Lauder Re-Nutriv Ultimate Diamond Revitalizing Mask Noir
- Toner: La Mer Treatment Lotion
- Serum: Phyto-C Superheal O-live Gel
- Moisturizer: Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream
- Sunscreen: Dr. GL Sun Protection Mist
Favourite Fragrance: Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt Cologne
Beauty Secret: My skin condition improves with the amount of sleep I get – I need 6 to 8 hours of sleep a day. Also, I love to practice yoga twice a week (at least). It clears my mind, strengthens my muscles and sweating out helps to detoxify my skin.
SARA LEE, Marie Claire TAIWAN
“I’m very regimented about my beauty routine.”
Makeup Must-Haves: Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet 347
After showering, I like to use moisturizers, body oils and essential oils (4 – 5 drops). I blend them all together and massage it all over my body.
- Aromatherapy Associates Revive Massage & Body Oil
- SK-II Facial Treatment Essence
- La Mer Moisturizing Soft Cream
I exfoliate twice a week using Sabon’s Body Scrub based on Natural Sea Salt Delicate Jasmine.
Favourite Fragrance: Hermes Eau d’Orange Verte
Beauty Secret: The secret is in the oils. I like to incorporate facial skincare oils into my daily skincare routine.
KARY POON, Marie Claire HONG KONG
“Cleansing is an important skincare step for me.”
Makeup Must-Haves: Diorskin Nude Air Healthy Glow Ultra-Fluid Serum Foundation SPF25 and Lancome Eyeshadow
I cleanse my face twice a day and I like using cleansing oils at night. Here are the ones I’m really enjoying:
- Philosophy Purity Made Simple 3-in-1 Cleanser
- Shu Uemura Cleansing Oils
- Caudalie Make-Up Removing Cleansing Oil
- Caudalie Gentle Cleansing Milk
I also exfoliate once a week by using:
- Philosophy Purity Made Simple Deep-Clean Mask
- Clarisonic Deep Pore Daily Cleanser
Favourite Fragrance: Dior J’adore Touche de Parfum
Beauty Secret: It is important to remove all traces of makeup before I go to bed as this prevents the buildup of dirt in the pores and helps to keep acne at bay.
We hope you got to know our Asian beauty editors a little better. We at Marie Claire Malaysia sure did!