Honda Malaysia Excites The Market With The New Jazz and A New Sport Hybrid i-DCD Variant.
Hybrids are no longer only for the environmental friendly folks, or people working and living in congested cities who are looking to save up money on fuel . It is safe to say that hybrid is for everyone who see beyond its benefits.
And guess what? Malaysia is the only country outside of Japan to introduce the Honda’s new Intelligent Dual-Clutch Drive Hybrid system, (i-DCD) via the launch of its New Jazz. To add the New Jazz Hybrid is the only Sport Hybrid in Malaysia priced below RM90,ooo. That’s quite an offer.
At the launch ceremony, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Honda Malaysia, Mr. Katsuto Hayashi said, “The decision to launch the Sport Hybrid i-DCD in Malaysia is very much in line with the Malaysian Government’s aspiration to promote Energy Efficient Vehicle (EEV).
Here is some of the essential information you’d need if the New Jazz Hybrid is on your mind for purchasing:
- The New Sport hybrid (intelligent dual- clutch drive) is equipped with a new 1.5L DOHC i-VTEC engine combining 7-Speed Dual Clutch (DCT) with Integrated High Power Motor to promote excellent acceleration for a sportier driving experience.
- On the Sport-mode, with a press of the “S” button, the Sport Hybrid i-DCD provides maximum combined output of the engine and electric motor at a horsepower of up to 137PS, which is equivalent to a 1.8L engine.
- Electric Power Steering (EPS) has been enhanced which makes the vehicle more responsive and combined with the 7-Speed DCT and the Lithium-Ion battery, the New Jazz Hybrid gives a fun, exhilarating and sporty drive.
- The New Jazz Hybrid has an independent positioning and functioning of both electric motor and engine which allows excellent fuel performance and sportier driving experience by sustaining regenerative energy.
- The fuel-efficiency of the New Jazz Hybrid is recorded at 4.0L/100km* and it could also be driven on full Electric Vehicle (EV) mode.
Prior to the launch, the New Jazz Hybrid had already been tested and run in the past 2 years over more than 7,000 km on Malaysian roads. From different road conditions such as heavy traffic, windy roads, and uphill slopes. Hence it can be said with confidence that the New Jazz Hybrid has been perfected and catered to suit Malaysian road conditions and driving styles. The New Jazz Hybrid will be available in Lunar Silver Metallic, Modern Steel Metallic and White Orchid Pearl.
Besides the New Sport Hybrid i-DCD variant, the New Jazz Petrol is being powered by the well acclaimed 1.5L i-VTEC engine coupled with Continuous Variable Transmission (CVT) which was developed under Honda’s Earth Dreams Technology. The New Jazz Petrol will be available in 3 variants, the S, E and V variant. All 3 variants will posses the new Chrome Front Grille; New Front and Rear Bumper Design; Push Start Button and Smart Entry; and ECON button. Other enhancements include Dual Tone Color Alloy Wheel for V variant, LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL) and Reverse Camera for both E and V variants.
Having Honda’s “Man Maximum, Machine Minimum”principle, the New Jazz retains its iconic ULTRA Seats with 4 modes (Utility, Long, Tall and Refresh) for space maximization for both driver and passengers and goods they carry. One is set for all occasions, be it short or long distance driving.
These are some the features of The New Jazz.
Equally well-equipped safety wise, the New Jazz carries a 5-Star ASEAN NCAP safety rating. Brake Assist (BA) and Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) are available across all variants. The V variant will maintain the 6 Airbags while the E variant will be upgraded to 4 Airbags. Similar to the E variant, the Sport Hybrid variant will also have 4 Airbags. The Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA), Emergency Stop SIgnal (ESS) and Hill Start Assist (HSA) are made available across the E,V and Sport Hybrid variants.
The New Jazz Petrol will be offered in 5 colors namely Modern Steel Metallic, Lunar Silver Metallic, Carnival Red, Taffeta White and Crystal Black Pearl. The warranty for both the New Jazz Petrol and New Jazz Hybrid will be maintained at 5 years with unlimited mileage at 10,000km service intervals at any of their 91 authorized Honda dealers nationwide. The New Jazz Hybrid will receive 8 years warranty for its Lithium-Ion battery on top of the standard warranty.
With strategic price positioning where the New Jazz Hybrid is priced at an attractive RM87,500 (OTR with Insurance) and the New Jazz Petrol are priced as follows; RM74,800 (OTR with Insurance) for S variant; RM81,000 (OTR with Insurance) for E variant and RM88,400 (OTR with Insurance) for V variant.
Potential Customers can visit any of Honda’s 91 authorized dealers nationwide or call Honda’s Toll Free number 1-800-88-2020 or log on to https://www.honda.com.my/ for more information on the New Jazz Petrol and the New Jazz Hybrid.