What is a Vegan?
Despite standing in two totally different diet system, being a Vegan is still often confused as being a Vegetarian. While both avoid consuming any kinds of animal meat, in addition Vegan diet bans animal based products such as dairy and animal based spices.
So if Vegans won’t eat any kind of animal based products, What do they actually eat?
It’s a myth that Vegans only survive on soybeans and salad. To see it from a different perspective, it is said that Vegans eat everything non-vegans eat excluding the animal based products. Turns out being a Vegan does not necessarily mean you have to give up on your favourite regular dishes, for those who plan to alter their diet, this is for you! Here are some ideas of what kind of food that you can eat as a Vegan.
- Quinoa- Can either be eaten sweet or savoury, Quinoa is known to be the gluten-free alternative for pasta, rice, or couscous. Not only that it taste good, it can also provide nine essential amino acids good for our well being.
What can we make? Curried Coconut Quinoa & Greens with Roasted Cauliflower, Recipe here
- Salads and tofu- The rumours were correct to say that Vegans eat salad and tofu, but that is not the only thing they eat. And that doesn’t mean that they can’t cook it into something mouthwatering and delicious.
What can we make? General Tso’s Tofu Stir Fry, Recipe here
- Pasta –Having pasta is always an option. A great way to go for those who wanted something fast and delicious.
What can we make? Pea Pesto Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Arugula, Recipe here.
- Desserts- When someone said that being a Vegan is boring, they couldn’t be more wrong. Being a Vegan doesn’t mean that you’re never going to taste sweet desserts ever again. With several research for alternatives, you can easily fulfil your cravings!
What can we make?
Double chocolate banana cookies, Recipe here.
Eggless Molten Lava Cake, Recipe here.
- Plant based alternative for dairy products- By replacing dairy product with non-animal based ones such as homemade cashew milk and Violife cheddar shows that being Vegan doesn’t mean you have to let go of “dairy” completely.
What can you make? Vegan mac and cheese, Recipe here.
- Chickpeas patty- Vegans are known to be completely against animal meat, but that doesn’t mean there is no other alternatives for meat. Made with chickpeas mainly as the patty, now Vegans can enjoy their own delicious Vegan burger.
What can you make? Spicy Chickpea Burger, Recipe here.