Malaysia’s blockbuster sweetheart, actress Lisa Surihani reveals to MC her favourite movies, directors and funniest moment on set.
1.Describe yourself in three words.
Lovesome, hardworking and sensitive.
2. What’s the one movie you’ve watched over and over again?
Robin Hood :Men In Tights
3. What inspired you go into acting?
I started acting when I was 11 years old. Reason being then was because I could earn my money and that was what inspired me to earn and save for rainy days and help my family whenever I am able to. Although my parents could afford it then, from the many years of acting and doing commercials, I was able to pay for my A-levels in Help Uni College.
4. Which director would you most like to work with?
I would love to work with Bernard Chauly again and again!
5. What’s your favourite line from a movie?
“Beautiful things don’t ask for attention.” From The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.
6. If you weren’t an actress, what would you rather be?
Legal Advisor in Astro maybe?
7. What was the funniest thing that has ever happened to you while filming?
During the filming of Jangan Pandang Belakang Congkak a comedic horror I shot for a few years ago, when Azlee from Senario left me in stitches when he told me that he was muttering the lyrics to Twinkle-Twinkle Little Star for his supposed mantra for black magic. You would have to be there to see him act in out. Haha!
8. If you could play any character in the history of cinema, who would you play?
I would like to play Grace Kelly.
9. Who do you think should play you in the movie about your life?
10. What’s on your reading list?
The Body Shop – Body and Soul by Anita Roddick. A book I received as a gift from The Body Shop hence it’s not for retail.
11. What’s your worst habit?
Cracking my fingers! Please do not start EVER! It enlarges your knuckles!
12. What do you dislike most about your appearance?
I am thought to always be thankful anyhow. I admit to being insecure with my legs.
13. What do you like most about yourself?
Now what do you like about me? *blushes*
14. What words do you live by?
Balance and Moderation.