Need some ideas on how to style your locks this summer? Here are our top 20 favourite hairstyles to rock this season!
1. TWISTED TOP KNOT :
To keep a cool head in this heat, simply sweep all your hair up into a twisted high bun! Start by pinning the middle front section of your hair and gathering the rest of your hair into a high ponytail. Split the pony tail into 2 sections and twist them together to form a rope braid. Twist the rope braid around the base of the braid to form a top knot. Leave the loose ends of the braid out for a fresh and effortless look.
2. INVERSE FRENCH BRAID : Instead of your usual french braid, switch things around by doing an inverse french braid instead. First, blast your hair with some dry shampoo to give it some extra texture to grip on to. Next, split your hair from the top of your head into 3 sections. To do an inverse french braid, just remember that the outer sections are to go under the middle section. Once you reach the end of your braid, secure it with an elastic band.
3. EFFORTLESS BEACH HAIR : Wash your hair the night before so that you'll have more texture to work with the next morning. Spritz on Sachajuan's Ocean Mist sea salt spray all over your hair, not forgetting the roots. Blow dry your locks (using the cold setting) while scrunching them up with your hands. For added volume, you can tease random sections of your hair before setting everything with hairspray.
4. SLEEK HALF UP-DO : Comb out and straighten your hair before forming a centre part. Twist the hair from each side and join the two twisted strands at the back of your head (below ear level) to form a half up-do. Leave the rest of your hair down and pull out front sections of your hair for a relaxed and windblown effect.
5. ROMANTIC WAVES : Before using any styling tools, evenly spritz your hair with a heat protectant. Use a curling wand with a large barrel to achieve bigger curls. Before your curls have completely cooled, loosen them out before setting them with a hairspray. Having highlights on your hair will make your waves stand out even more.
6. CHIC LOW PONYTAIL : Mix a little bit of camellia oil (or any other hair care oil you prefer) with an equal amount of hair gel and apply it evenly on the top section of your hair. Using a fine-toothed comb, part your hair at whichever side you prefer and comb it all back to form a low ponytail. This look is perfect for any occasion and makes you look instantly classy and polished.
7. CURLY HALF UP-DO : Spray a little bit of hairspray onto the bottom half of your hair before curling it for longer lasting curls. Gather the top half of your hair and either secure it with an elastic band or hold them in place with some pretty hair pins. This look is fun, girly and romantic all at the same time!
8. THE "I-MEAN-BUSINESS" PONYTAIL : A glossy perfect-looking high ponytail is an ultra-glamorous way to get your hair out of your face in the summer! Mix a little bit of oil and hair gel together and comb it through your hair. Grip your hair back into a high pony and secure it with an elastic band. Conceal the band by taking a thick section of the ponytail and twisting it around the band before pinning it in place.
9. THE ASYMMETRICAL LOB : Why not change up your look by trimming your locks? A long asymmetrical bob looks edgy and modern. You can add more interest to it by spritzing on some texturizing spray or curling it loosely to form natural-looking waves.
10. ACCESSORIZE WITH A HEADSCARF : If your hair tends to get frizzy in this hot and humid environment, just go with the flow by simply twisting your hair and tucking it under a pretty headscarf. Have fun and go for bright colours and bold patterns! As a finishing touch, pull out random sections of hair to frame the face.
11. LAYERED BOB AND HAIR ACCESSORIES : A tousled layered bob and fringe is another super cute and easy hairstyle to rock this summer. This haircut is very low maintenance and easy to blow dry. To add further interest to your hair, try experimenting with different hairbands and other hair accessories!
12. PLATINUM HAIR : Platinum blonde or silver hair can look absolutely amazing when complemented with the right makeup. Dark statement lips, pale skin, strong brows, plenty of mascara and a touch of blush go very well with this ethereal hair colour. To protect the colour of your hair or treat bleached hair, nourish it with an overnight hair mask at least twice a week.
13. THE MESSY BALLERINA BUN : This look is really quick and easy to achieve. All you have to do is sweep your hair back into a bun of medium height and pull out loose strands of hair to frame the face for a soft and feminine touch. Pair the hairstyle with fresh glowing skin and rosy pink cheeks and lips to look like a bonafide prima ballerina.
14. TWISTED UP-DO : This up-do looks pretty complicated but is actually quite easy to replicate! First, massage some dry shampoo into the roots of your hair for some added texture. Part your hair to one side and form a french rope braid all the way to the end. Take the rest of your hair and put it up into a high pony tail. Split it into two sections and do a rope braid for each section. Tug at the braids to loosen them up and twist them around your head and secure them with bobby pins. Use a hairspray to lock everything in.
15. PLEATED FRINGE : Form a deep side part and braid your fringe into an inverse french braid. Tug at the braid to loosen it up and pin the end of the braid to the side of your head. Gather the rest of your hair into a low bun or a ponytail.
16. THE LOW BRAID : Apply a little hair oil onto the top half of your head and comb it all back. Secure your hair into a low ponytail and braid it tightly. Secure the braid with an elastic band or a pretty ribbon of your choice.
17. SILKY STRAIGHT HAIR : This hairstyle looks as though you've combed through your hair at least a hundred times! Comb your hair through to detangle any knots before straightening it with a hair straightener. Apply some shine serum for a healthy sheen, tuck your hair behind your ears and you're good to go!
18. ENCHANTING CURLS : To achieve these luxurious looking curls, opt for a curling wand with a smaller barrel size. If you don't have a curling wand, braid all your hair into small braids and run them through with a hair straightener. Unravel the braids to reveal gorgeous fairy-tale curls!
19. THE CURLED PIXIE : If you don't want the hassle of styling your hair every day, why not go all out with a layered crop? Get a body perm to soften the layers for a feminine yet edgy look.
20. THE "I-JUST-WASHED-MY-HAIR" LOOK : Remember - you want your hair to look wet and freshly washed, not greasy! Mix 2 small drops of oil and a pea sized amount of hair gel and run the mixture through your hair. Rake your hair with your fingers for added texture and you're all set to lounge by the poolside and sip on iced lemon tea!