#4 Open Up Your Pores
In order to remove those blackheads more effectively, you’ll first have to open your pores. Washing your face with warm water is a great way to open them up. If you have the cash to spare, invest in a face steamer as that will help ease the blackhead removal process. Once your pores open up, it’ll be easier to scrub and get at those impurities. Steam can help loosen the gunk that’s clogging your pores, setting you up for a more effective extraction process. You don’t need a spa steamer to get these benefits, though. Here’s how to create your own DIY facial steamer:
- Boil water in a pot or kettle to the level that you think is sufficient.
- Give it about a few minutes for the water to cool off.
- For hygiene purposes, pour the water into a clean bowl or container.
- Position yourself and rest your face about six inches above the bowl of water.
- Cover your head with a towel to hold the steam in.
- Adjust the placement of your head depending on the heat.
- Give yourself a minimum of 10 minutes for this process.