Too lazy to go through the whole baking process to satisfy your sugary cravings? But not willing to go out, hunt and spend some money on a piece of cake either. We got you.
Treat yourself with this chocolate molten lava cake that requires only 10 minutes of your time, simple ingredients and a microwave.
Preparation time: 3 minutes
Cooking time: 2 minutes
Cooling time: 5 minutes
50g granulated sugar
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
½ tsp baking powder
A pinch of salt
3 tbsp melted butter
3 tbsp whole milk, room temperature
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
28g semisweet chocolate, lightly broken up
1 tbsp water
1. Get your favorite mug, whisk together with a fork the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt until well combined.
2. Add in melted butter, milk, egg and vanilla. Whisk well to combine, making sure to mix in the flour mixture at the bottom.
3. Place chocolate pieces in the centre of the mug. Do not push down as they will sink during baking.
4. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of water right on top of the batter.
5. Cook in a microwave on full power for 1 minute and 20 seconds to 2 minutes, or until the cake rises to the top. It should look set around the edges, with the centre looking and feeling slightly moist. Remember not to over-bake to preserve the molten-y interior.
6. Let it cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
Tip: If the centre still looks raw, cook for another 5 to 10 seconds.
If you’re worried that it’ll be too sweet, opt for dark chocolate instead. Complete it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you’re in for a great dessert experience!
Recipe from: Her World