Monki Celebrates 10 Out of 10
This year, the Swedish fashion brand Monki celebrates its 10th Anniversary in a very special, empowering and significant way with their Monkifesto campaign. They rounded up various women all around the world to participate in a discussion about 10 Women Empowerment Stories, focusing and celebrating feminism, girl power, and the woman’s ability to be everything she can be.
The Ten Statements are:
1. Periods are cool, period with Kiran Gandhi
2. Please yo’self with Karley Sciortino
3. Be a Drama Queen with Sorta Kinda Maybe Yeah
4. Salute Sisterhood with Farah and MyNA of Mahoyo
5. Multi is the New Regular
6. Cut the Norm with Flora Wistrom
7. Let Love Loose with activists Sarah and Minerva
8. Knowledge is Queen with Rita Popova
9. Sharing is Caring with Danielle Vanier
10. Dance, Eat, Party, Repeat
The #Monkifesto Campaign encourages women to embrace their bodies, showcase their personalities, to push boundaries and naysayers, accept their quirks and colour, and express themselves the best way possible. Their collaboration with these women aim to remove taboos and stigmas surrounding the female body such as body hair, self-pleasure and periods. They also want to show that intelligent women can and should be celebrated; as well as that a woman’s heart should be free to feel and rage and love.
Monki wants women everywhere to be able to be the strong, free and independent female they can be – and not let anyone tell them otherwise.
What say you?
Here are some of our favourite statements:
You can check out the video statements on Monki’s YouTube Playlist and read the full stories on each statement on their website.
Along with the campaign, there will also be an entire clothing collection which includes the 10 statements on them. You can find them now available in all their stores.