- 10 slices sandwich loaf
- 100g butter, melted
- 200g smoked chicken, sliced
- 250g shitake mushroom, sliced and sautéed with oil
- 250g grated Comté cheese
- 5 Sunny side up egg for croque madame
- 80g butter
- 50g flour
- 0.5 milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- nutmeg to taste
- In a sauté pan, melt butter over low heat and add flour. Cook for 5 minutes and pour
in the milk, chicken stock powder and nutmeg. Mix well, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season to taste and set aside.
- Slice sandwich loaf into 1cm thick slices. Brush sandwich loaf with melted butter.
- Spread béchamel onto the bread. Top with shitake mushroom and cover with slices
of ham and sprinkle cheese on top. Cover with another slice of bread.
- Spread béchamel and sprinkle with cheese.
- Roast in the oven at 210°C until top is golden brown.